Bill Gates says the key to success is to not mow your own lawn. But what is the point in success if you are too flabby to enjoy it? But he is a big fan of Da Vinci. And that is probably what made Gates great. Let's see what made Da Vinci so creative.
1. Insatiable curiosity.
2. Willing to learn from mistakes.
3. Tune in to your senses. For example watch the sunset or study the flight of a pair of birds.
4. Embrace mystery, paradox, indeterminate meaning.
5. Find the balance between logic and art. That requires imagination.
6. Cultivate fitness and poise. Yoga is great for this.
7. Understand that all things are connected. Learn to look for that and use it.
9. "Study the science of art" as Da Vinci described it. Do you know what that means?
10. Finally, and this is very important. "Anyone who conducts an
argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is
just using his memory.” So learn to think for yourself. Shield yourself
from propaganda because it will interfere with your creativity.
Now to apply. Not so easy, but doable.